Why Choose Newton, KS?
Located just 20 minutes north of Wichita on Interstate 135, Newton offers an ideal family environment: affordable, quiet neighborhoods, outstanding schools, and abundant community activities.
Sand Creek Station is a new home community located just southwest of downtown Newton, KS with new homes for sale. Sand Creek Station is located between SW 24th and Highway 50 on Anderson Rd in Newton KS.
Newton (approx. AGLA 1400 sq. ft.)
Average Price: $176,434 – Housing is 7% higher in Wichita than Newton
- Low cost of living
- High Graduation Rates (13:1 student to teacher ratio)
- Lots of Local Amenities
- High Income per Capita
- Crime Index: Newton is 23% lower than Kansas average
- Average commute time from Newton to Wichita is 20 minutes.
- Poverty level in Newton is 7.9%, which is 2.2% less than the Kansas average.
- Harvey County sales tax: 8.15%
- Unemployment Rate in Newton: 4.2%
Wichita (approx. AGLA 1400 sq. ft.)
Average Price: $200,698
- Crime Index: Wichita is 66% higher than Kansas average
- Average commute time in Wichita is 20 minutes.
- 16:1 student to teacher ratio.
- Poverty level in Wichita is 11.2%, which is 12.5% greater than the Kansas average.
- Sedgwick County sales tax: 7.15%
- Unemployment Rate in Wichita: 8.4%
(sources: SCKMLS, areavibes.com, bestplaces.net)